POPPYN is hiring a youth crew for the summer. This opportunity is for youth from Philadelphia, ages 14-18 to contribute to the production of POPPYN. We are looking for youth who:
- Care about issues that affect youth in Philadelphia
- Are comfortable in front of the camera talking about issues affecting teens
- Are interested and willing to learn media production techniques necessary to produce POPPYN
- Have a positive attitude in the face of new challenges and willingness to collaborate!
The Summer Crew Member will work 20 hours a week for 6 weeks in the summer (July 5-August12) @ $7.25/hr, receive training in all aspects of media production and reporting and will work with a team to produce a full episode of POPPYN!
If you're interested or know a youth who is, please do the following by Tuesday, May 23, 2011:
1) Go to workreadyphila.org/apply and fill out a summer employment application
2) Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and interest in the crew position.
3) Attach this completed application to your email. If you aren't able to complete this in time, do steps 1&2 while you work on the application.
We will follow up with Next Steps! We need to have our crew chosen by the end of the month, so don't wait - Apply Now!